Friday, June 15, 2012

1st plants of 2012

It has been slowly killing me as spring has past by and I wasn't able to sow any seeds.  I went food shopping the other day at Whole Foods and came across organic plants. YES!  I picked up 2 basil, 1 parsley (should have gotten 2), and the last yellow squash.  I brought them home, have them in pots that I can move to the new house next week and am happier then a bee in a patch of yellow flowers!!

I will be taking my 2 raised bed boards to the new house this week and laying out my new plots.  I dread having to mix all that compost again (and spending the money on it all) to fill these up but I can't exactly take all the dirt from here that I need.  Trust me, I've thought about it! lol

Have a blessed weekend!!

Kim

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move. You 2 raised beds will do well in your new place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lynda! Once I get my beds settled I'll be posting new pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new home...a new garden...a new chapter in life. This is what keeps us growing! Buona fortuna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim,
    Just found your blog. I'm new to square foot gardening (just finished setting up a month ago) and so far it has been fantastic. I'm interested to see what other square foot gardeners are up to, so I really hope you're still posting!
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it.Cheers for the info!!!! & This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you .........
    thanks
    Patio Cover Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete